Thursday, February 17, 2011

Someone has to show some compassion


Walking home, i found a dead baby bird just laying there on the floor and froze. I looked around to see if it was just me who sees this creature. Humi seemed unaware of the situation and walked straight past. Passerbys just walked by with their heads turning towards me, looking at me like as though i was mental. Ofcourse, i wasn't. I touched the yellow, scruffy looking bird to make sure if it was dead. And it was, unfortunately. Humi noticed that i wasn't moving and walked back towards me. She looked at me. Then at the bird and gave a soft shriek. What i didn't realise before was that its intestines were curling out. I was overwhelmed with emotion with the state of the bird. Could you imagine, dying the way it died? Having your intestines popping out of your rear end? Tears gushed down my cheeks as i took a thick stick and dug through the soil just beside the bird and pavement. When Humi told me that the hole was big enough, i put down the stick and got the bird ready for burial. I scooped it on to a piece of paper and gently layed it into the soil. Picked up the stick once again and covered the bird with soil. I stuck a small half of a white egg shell and placed it on the top of the soil to substitute a grave stone. I found the egg shell just around the corner. I believe that the bird was hatched there and got pecked by another bird. Hence, the exposed intestines. The little bird was burried at 5.33pm on 17 February 2011, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment