Thursday, April 5, 2012

Live below the line, Gillian Zinser




I love Gillian Zinser. I think she is a beautiful person and it showed in this this video. I'd LOVE to try this out, to see how 25% of the world feels living on $1.50 a day! It's crazy to actually think that people are living like this. I know that trying to live on $1.50 a day isn't much help to those people living in poverty, because after the 5 days is up, life goes on for me and it's still the same for them. But i'd like to feel how they feel, and understand how they live. It isn't a game for them where they can choose to stop in 5 days or a week. I think all that the Live Below the Line campaign by the Global Poverty Project is trying to do is to educate the world on what is hidden from our blindly luxurious lives. Just because we don't see things or don't hear about things  doesn't they aren't happening around us.

"Eductaion is the first step to changing anything"

2 comments:

  1. love gillian zinser! live below the line is such an important campaign, i'm planning on trying it out in may!
    great post :-) xo
    http://noise-and-confusionn.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I love your blog! ;) It's so colourful and so full of life!
    xx

    ReplyDelete